Re: AssertException in process_common.c [resurrecting old thread]

From: Allen Shaw
Subject: Re: AssertException in process_common.c [resurrecting old thread]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:25:03 -0500

Great. If I can help, let me know please.

Thanks,
Allen

Martin Pala wrote:

Yes, this is good point :) I will add this topic to FAQ.

Thanks,
Martin

Allen Shaw wrote:

Okay, this is very helpful information. In my case it's not the end of the world and monit is still *very* useful for me (mainly, I can count sheep instead of work hours).

BTW, I don't think this information is in the online docs or man page, but it might be useful for future prospective users. Could I be of any use updating the documentation?

Thanks,
Allen

Martin Pala wrote:

Allen Shaw wrote:

Yes, I suppose you're right, but I think that level of configuration is beyond me and lies with the VDS provider, right?

Yes

I don't expect I could easily persuade them to change their setup. In this case, although monit's debug output does reveal the errors, it doesn't seem to adversely affect monit's performance. Do I have anything to worry about here, and then, would you guess there's something I can do *without* having the hosting service modify their VDS setup?

Monit shows also incorrect system memory usage and zero for cpu and load average:

--8<--
'system' load average [0.00][0.00][0.00]
'system' memory usage 819140.0% [-314220 kB]
'system' cpu usage 0.0%us 0.0%sy 0.0%wa
--8<--

This is most probably caused by VDS setup too (however we can fix the invalid value in memory usage - it should be zero).