Re: Optionally monitoring, depending on local config?

From: Bryan K. Wright
Subject: Re: Optionally monitoring, depending on local config?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:31:40 -0400

Hi folks,

address@hidden said:
> Why not simply do something like this at the end of the monit conf
> file:

> include /etc/monitrc.d/*

        That's an option I considered, but I manage around 150 machines
and I'd like to just push out monit (with a standard config file) onto
them without having to configure each machine individually.  I do nightly
automated updates on the machines, so it'd be trivial to turn on monit
on all of them at once if I could come up with a general-purpose
configuration file.

        Another option would be to write a script that creates a
tailored monitrc for each node.  That's probably the route I'll go
if I decide to pursue monit (and if there's no way to write a
general-purpose monitrc file).

                                                Thanks,
                                                Bryan
Bryan Wright                |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department          | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia      | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901  |
(434) 924-7218              |         address@hidden