Re: [Mldonkey-users] Are we allready baned from emule?

From: Dusker
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Are we allready baned from emule?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:37:22 +0200

Rainer Krauss wrote:

Hi,

i got VERY bad download rates lately. When i do "cs" i normaly see
over 80% emules under "seen" and a little less under "downloads".

Since a few days i get less than 45% downloads from emules, while
the "seen" remains roughly the same as before.

My uploads go 98% to emule clients!

When mldonkey finds a source all still goes well, so there is no limit
of download speed - but most emule sources seem to ignore me and never
send anything.

Does emule ban mldonkey allready because of the trouble lately? Or
are there some new "timings" for bans in newer emule versions,
i need to change some settings for?
There is actually some trouble at the emule community with a client masking as mldonkey and uploading only trash, see

http://forum.emule-project.net/index.php?s=d970e12599e9249164ef4aad52f95615&showtopic=53363
(forum -> developent->feature requests->banning mldonkey clients)

Perhaps someone with mldonkey internals experience should help here to solve this problem. Some emule users are already suggesting to ban all mldonkey clients to get rid of this problem.
But, plz: Do not engange in a flame war or sth...

Dusker