Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-20 working great!

From: fr1end4u
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-20 working great!
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 02:31:32 +0100

Julian Wiesener schrieb:

I agree if you say we can't set new rules, but in fact most clients are eMules, so it's more an eMule net than an eDonkey net ;) Well, client_stats learnd us to differentiate betwen a eMule client and a eDonkey Client (may be not all eMules are not known as eMules but thats not relevant). I think it would be the best way to connect eMules with their own Protocoll, and eDonkey/Ovenet Clients with its own too.

According to your definition of protocol, there are three different protocols in the donkey network (v.61, v. 0.45, emule) plus overnet (also with different protocol dialects). The reference client explicitely wants to get other clients out of the network, emule lacks any documentation on their protocol changes and extensions (oh, it's open source, you know :-( ) and has plenty of nice new ideas which might cause additional trouble.

To me, keeping up with that seems a lot of work to do...

regards
fr1end4u