[Mldonkey-users] Re: overnet with portforwarding/dnat

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: overnet with portforwarding/dnat
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:49:32 +0100

Marc Thoben <address@hidden> wrote:

> One has a fli4l server and is forwarding udp/tcp ports with ipmasqadm
> portfw, obviously a 2.2 Kernel. When he started the new mldonkey, he
> found about 3000 peers, got search results (ovstats) and had
> up-/download to/from overnet. About 5-6 hours later, he has only 512
> peers left, no search results and no more up-/download to-/from
> overnet.

I think, the "buckets" used to do the forwarding and thus maquerading of
the packets overflowed. This happens with 2.4 too, but this is
adjustable. Just search the archives of this list, this was discussed
just recently.

> I use a masquerading server with 2.4 kernel and forward the required
> ports using iptables with target DNAT. I get the same results, as my
> friend above. After 5-6 hours no more overnet.

I think you will see something about dropping packets in your system
logs.

S°

--
BOFH excuse #187: