Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: overnet with portforwarding/dnat

From: Marc Thoben
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: overnet with portforwarding/dnat
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:05:22 +0100

On 24th of February 2003 at 18:49:32, Sven Hartge wrote:

> I think, the "buckets" used to do the forwarding and thus maquerading of
> the packets overflowed. This happens with 2.4 too, but this is
> adjustable. Just search the archives of this list, this was discussed
> just recently.

I'm not sure, where exactly to look for those restrictions on a 2.2
Kernel, but I found:

omega:~ # cat /proc/net/ip_masquerade | wc -l
   1074

omega:~ # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/max_size
4096

Nothing in the logs...

On the machine with the 2.4 kernel, I have the default

address@hidden:~> cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max
4096

address@hidden:/proc/net> cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack | wc -l
   1221

Nothing in the logs...

So if I have looked in the right places, we shouldn't be near any
limit.

> > I use a masquerading server with 2.4 kernel and forward the required
> > ports using iptables with target DNAT. I get the same results, as my
> > friend above. After 5-6 hours no more overnet.
>
> I think you will see something about dropping packets in your system
> logs.

No, nothing at all that could explain something... :-(

Anything else I could check ?

Regards,
Marc