Re: [Mldonkey-users] Removal of useless options

From: Martin Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Removal of useless options
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:03:15 +0100

Hi Simon,

>> max_upload_slots = 75
>> Shouldn't we fix this to max_hard_upload_rate/3 or something?
>   What about people that have max_hard_upload_rate = 0?

Perhaps we should dynamically set the number of upload_slots based on
existing bandwidth. Lets say we.. hm, since most users are DSLers, we
set this to 3 at the start. Some time later (we only wait until all
slots are full) we look at the speed the slots get. Now we calculate
the number of slots based on the speed we get so that every slot has
... perhaps 3kb/sec.

So in the end we get the right number of slots and it doesn't matter
what connection the client has or the max_hard_upload_rate.

Greetings,
  Martin

--
PGP public key ID:  0x27D580B5
PGP public key fingerprint: 3761 E66D 8600 EF88  A547 65B7 1CBC 1F8F