[Mldonkey-users] Re: Removal of useless options

From: mlist . mldonkey . users
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Removal of useless options
Date: 22 Feb 2003 10:25:28 -0800

==> "mp" == Michael Panteleit <address@hidden> writes:

    mp> max_upload_slots = 75 Shouldn't we fix this to
    mp> max_hard_upload_rate/3 or something?

Ouch!  Don't set this to more than ten.  Better yet, recompile
your version of mldonkey to allow an even lower value.

    mp> max_connected_servers = 2 IMHO this should be limited to 2, or
    mp> at least to 10. I read in a forum a tipp saying one should try
    mp> 200 to get fast server connects, very disturbing.

I feel you get better milage out of mldonkey if you rely less on
server information (max_connected_servers) and more on mldonkey's
source caching (max_overnet_known_peers, max_sources_per_file).

    mp> max_reask_delay = 1800 min_reask_delay = 720 Shouldn't we fix
    mp> this in the source? We shouldn't connect more often than every
    mp> 10 min.

That setting of min_reask_delay is 720s=12min (or so my reading of the
code suggests).  Other donkey clients will complain bitterly if you go
near or below the ten minute (600s) mark.

I know that mldonkey gets uppity at 540, and eMule gets uppity at 590.
Can anyone comment on the constants used in eDonkey2000 or overnet?

Carl