Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Win XP support (was: Error building mxe/src/g

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Win XP support (was: Error building mxe/src/gtk2-test.c)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:20:48 +0100

Alex Zelid schrieb:
> Many people still use it. Beside it officially not supported by Microsoft
> anymore, it still receives patches unofficially
> http://www.zdnet.com/article/registry-hack-enables-continued-updates-for-windows-xp/

While I agree in general (Windows XP support makes sense, given the
large installation base), I'd like to point out that this article has
an important follow-up:

Title: Hacked Windows XP still updates, still a bad idea

         updates for Windows XP. No, it's not a good idea. You are not
         protected.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/hacked-windows-xp-still-updates-still-a-bad-idea/

Regards,

Volker Grabsch