[Mingw-cross-env-list] Win XP support (was: Error building mxe/src/gtk2-

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Win XP support (was: Error building mxe/src/gtk2-test.c)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:11:14 +1100

> On 9 Dec 2014, at 21:43, Alex Zelid <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Is there a way to tell mingw-w64 that the minimal supported WinApi should be
> targeted to Windows XP?

That raises the larger question - should we continue to support XP at all given
that MS no longer does? In general, we’d support something until it becomes too
much of a resource burden. In the case of XP though, I think we should
discourage it’s continued use - even if it’s technically simple to do so.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,