[Mingw-cross-env-list] Gentoo GCC testing (was Gentoo doc update)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Gentoo GCC testing (was Gentoo doc update)
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 18:22:52 +1000

On 6 June 2010 17:17, hoijui <address@hidden> wrote:
> btw...
> i had the same issue over a year ago, when i tried to use your script.
> back then, i did not use gentoo at all (had Ubuntu). It was also not
> gcc 4.5 at the time of course, and it was also a totally different
> machine ...
> but i do not want us to rely on my bad memory for this ;-)

I don't think anyone could remember a bug from a year ago, but it may
have been a similar type of issue.

> could i do any tests, maybe with the new versions, trying different
> versions of (mingw-)gcc?
> i am willing to do so, if you tell me what would make sense.

That would be good if you could try installing a later version of GCC,
4.4.3-r2 looks like it's stable [1]. Does Gentoo let you install
multiple versions of GCC in case you don't want to use it as your
default one?

Thanks,

Tony

[1] http://packages.gentoo.org/package/sys-devel/gcc