[Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Gentoo GCC testing (was Gentoo doc update)

From: Nikos Chantziaras
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Gentoo GCC testing (was Gentoo doc update)
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 12:25:56 +0300

On 06/06/2010 11:22 AM, Tony Theodore wrote:
On 6 June 2010 17:17, hoijui<address@hidden>  wrote:
btw...
i had the same issue over a year ago, when i tried to use your script.
back then, i did not use gentoo at all (had Ubuntu). It was also not
gcc 4.5 at the time of course, and it was also a totally different
machine ...
but i do not want us to rely on my bad memory for this ;-)

I don't think anyone could remember a bug from a year ago, but it may
have been a similar type of issue.

could i do any tests, maybe with the new versions, trying different
versions of (mingw-)gcc?
i am willing to do so, if you tell me what would make sense.

That would be good if you could try installing a later version of GCC,
4.4.3-r2 looks like it's stable [1]. Does Gentoo let you install
multiple versions of GCC in case you don't want to use it as your
default one?

You can install multiple major as well as minor (after enabling a USE flag) GCC versions. When you install one, the default stays as it was and can be changed with the "gcc-config" command.

I have multiple GCC versions installed that way for quite a while in order to test whether my code stays compilable with GCC versions still used out there (3.4, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5).