Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.11

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.11
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 00:46:47 +1100

On 20 February 2010 23:30, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Okay, so I added them. Please check whether I understood your
> instructions correctly:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/e861a1925739/doc/index.html#requirements-solaris

Thanks, that is correct; though I wonder if it looks like too much
trouble for a first time user and would be a deterrent rather than a
help. It seems to go against the simple, sane, repeatable nature of
mingw-cross-env, but who knows?

>> > Prepend /usr/local/bin to path
>
> I assume that this is just for the build, so I prepended a simple
>
>    export PATH=...
>
> command to the installation instructions. If this is not what you
> meant, please provide information about which changes to which
> configuration files are needed.

I added it to .bashrc, since autoconf needs to find m4 for it's build,
and both need to be available building mingw-cross-env. /usr/local
doesn't exist on Open Solaris by default, and instead of configuring
with a --prefix that's on the default path, using /usr/local makes it
very easy to "uninstall" any manual changes (rm -rf /usr/local). I'd
probably suggest:

export PATH=MINGW_CROSS_ENV/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH