Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.11

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.11
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 04:39:47 +0100

Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> > On Friday, February 19, 2010, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > So are you sure there is really a bug? It looks more like being
> > > accidently aborted with Ctrl+C.
> > >
> > > Please try to rebuild the "theora" package and check whether it
> > > really fails on your system:
> > >
> > >     touch src/theora.mk
> > >     make
> > >
> > > If it really fails, please provide the new log file and the
> > > new config.log.
> >
> > Wasn't this related to an old native pkg-config that needed a make
> > clean to solve? I recall reading it, but can't find the message.
>
> That's possible, but we can't be sure until we get the "real"
> log file, not the log file of a user-aborted build.

Arghh... Sorry, I didn't read it carefully enough. Sorry for that.

Tony, you were absolutely right.

Mark, please try either

    make clean
    make

or:

    cd MINGW_CROSS_ENV/usr
    rm bin/i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config
    mv i686-pc-mingw32/bin/pkg-config bin/i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config
    touch src/theora.mk
    make

Theora should then build without any problems. Mark, can you
confirm this?

More information:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2010-02/msg00018.html

Greets,