Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.11

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.11
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:56:29 +1100

On 20 February 2010 06:12, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> So the problem is caused by a bug in /bin/sh of OpenSolaris?
> That's really scary.

It looks that way, and I'm not sure I have time to investigate. The
windres segfault was ultimately triggered by a bug in libc, so I
wouldn't be surprised if there are quirks at low levels.

>> The other approach that works is using bash to run configure:
>>
>> $(SED) -i 's,/bin/sh,/usr/bin/env bash,' '$(1)/configure'
>>
>> Neither of these seem particularly clean to me,
>
> Your second approach can be implemented in a clean way.
> Just call the configure script explicitly with Bash, which
> is provided by mingw-cross-env as $(SHELL).
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/12f093ca5c0d
>
> Does this solve the issue?

Thanks, that solves the issue - so the penultimate test run:

  System:               FreeBSD 8.0 i386
  NSIS excluded?        no
  Binutils downgraded?  no
  Success?              yes
  Log file:             -

  System:               Mac OSX 10.6 (32 bit mode)
  NSIS excluded?        no
  Binutils downgraded?  no
  Success?              yes
  Log file:             -

  System:               Ubuntu 9.10 i386
  NSIS excluded?        no
  Binutils downgraded?  no
  Success?              yes
  Log file:             -

 System:               Open Solaris 2009.06 i386
 NSIS excluded?        no
 Binutils downgraded?  yes
 Success?              yes - with new requirements for popt
 Log file:             -

Popt seems to require autoconf 2.62 or later. I've tested 2.59 - 2.65
(and too many possible combinations of m4/libtool). Vmime seems to
have problems with the latest versions of everything, so a setup that
works:

Prepend /usr/local/bin to path

wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/m4/m4-1.4.5.tar.gz
tar -xzf m4-1.4.5.tar.gz
cd m4-1.4.5 && ./configure && make
pfexec make install

wget  http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.62.tar.gz
tar -xzf autoconf-2.62.tar.gz
cd autoconf-2.62 && ./configure && make
pfexec make install

One last thing I'm going to try is updating to the dev pkg repository,
the above won't be necessary if that succeeds.