Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Open Solaris - popt auto* problem

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Open Solaris - popt auto* problem
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:53:44 +0100

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 14 February 2010 23:19, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >>
> >> Arrrggghhh, libtool is 1.5.22 and also over four years old. I'm giving
> >> up and just installing the latest versions, they're small, build
> >> quickly, and save a lot of hassle.
[...]
> > Please document what you're doing, so we can add appropriate
> > notes to doc/index.html#requirements.
>
> Shall do, pkg-config needs to be installed manually also, as there
> isn't a package for it.

Are you sure? I found pkg-config in the "SUNWgnome-common-devel"
package:

http://pkg.opensolaris.org/release/manifest/0/SUNWgnome-common-devel%400.5.11%2C5.11-0.111%3A20090508T155040Z

You may have wondered why I added that strange package. ;-)

> Some testing for the binutils segfault
> requires specific versions, but once that's done, I'll be able to
> update the requirements.
[...]
> Admittedly, I've lost my enthusiasm for Open Solaris, it hasn't
> evolved greatly since it's first release over four years ago, and I
> can't see that changing.

Well, I'll leave it up to you (and, of course, to anyone else on this
list who's using Open Solaris):

If you can't find a way to provide good instructions for Open Solaris,
let's replace them with a small note explaining that there's currently
no way to run the current mingw-cross-env release on Open Solaris 2009.06,
and that any help on that topic is appreciated.

What do you think about that?

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator