Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Open Solaris - popt auto* problem

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Open Solaris - popt auto* problem
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 02:25:44 +1100

On 14 February 2010 23:19, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> On 14 February 2010 00:33, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > I've tried all three versions, and the error is the same. I'm stuck at
>> > the moment, I'll start again with a gmake clean.
>>
>> Arrrggghhh, libtool is 1.5.22 and also over four years old. I'm giving
>> up and just installing the latest versions, they're small, build
>> quickly, and save a lot of hassle.
>
> Okay. :-)
>
> Please document what you're doing, so we can add appropriate
> notes to doc/index.html#requirements.

Shall do, pkg-config needs to be installed manually also, as there
isn't a package for it. Some testing for the binutils segfault
requires specific versions, but once that's done, I'll be able to
update the requirements.

> BTW, when will the next release of Open Solaris come, and will
> those issues be solved there?

Hard to say when the next release will be. They started with a May and
Nov release cycle, but have slipped behind. From the website:

OpenSolaris 2010.02

We're in the early stages of producing our next release, OpenSolaris
2010.03. Stay tuned!

Created by on 2009/10/26 11:40

Admittedly, I've lost my enthusiasm for Open Solaris, it hasn't
evolved greatly since it's first release over four years ago, and I
can't see that changing. Maybe they have a focus on stability, and
have to think about going from gcc 3.4 to 4.x, or give priority to the
Sun Studio tools. If they can't respond to a security vulnerability (a
very obscure one, I know) by updating a package, it's hard to see when
they'll get around to it:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-66-275650-1