Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Open Solaris - popt auto* problem

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Open Solaris - popt auto* problem
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 14:08:01 +0100

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 7 February 2010 17:41, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >>
> >> pfexec ln -s /usr/bin/aclocal-1.10 /usr/bin/aclocal
> >> pfexec ln -s /usr/bin/automake-1.10 /usr/bin/automake
> >
> > Just for curiosity: Is there any way to resolve this by using
> > another package? [...]
>
> The only other pkg is SUNWgnu-automake-19, and that does the same -
> install versioned binaries without links. Is it worth installing 1.11
> manually?

No, it isn't. That's a bug in Solaris and should be treated
as such. So I simplified included your workaround:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/91dfe368ef31

This is the new requirement section:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/91dfe368ef31/doc/index.html#requirements-solaris

> >> Now popt is failing with the following error:
> >>
> >> error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INTL_SUBDIR
> >
> > Please check the version of m4. Maybe you need to install
> > the "SUNWgm4" package?
>
> It's already installed (as a dependency of automake and autoconf).
> ~$ m4 --version
> GNU m4 1.4.2

These old m4 versions contain a bug that explains the issue:

According to local tests, this bug is fixed in m4-1.4.5 or before.

Could you download and install a more recent m4 from source?

    http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/m4/

The current version (1.4.13) should work, but it would be
great if you could check the versions 1.4.4 and 1.4.5,
too.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator