Re: Any known problems with relative paths in VPATH on Windows?

From: Erik Carstensen
Subject: Re: Any known problems with relative paths in VPATH on Windows?
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 20:23:13 +0200

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Duane Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
Erik, are you familiar with subst command?

If not, you might find it handy as a work-around for windows limitations:
   subst someUnusedDriveLetter: c:\very-long-src-dir
like
   subst S: c:\very-long-src-dir
Then use S:\ in-place of c:\very-long-src-dir\ throughout your makefile.

Thanks, but I think that's too intrusive. My users don't want to map drive letters manually (it would be easier to just tell them not to use spaces in paths).

Erik