Re: Any known problems with relative paths in VPATH on Windows?

From: Erik Carstensen
Subject: Re: Any known problems with relative paths in VPATH on Windows?
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 21:55:11 +0200

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

Maybe c:\very-long-src-dir\..\very-long-build-dir together exceeded
260 characters?

No, make can find 'c:\very-long-src-dir\..\very-long-build-dir\a', but not 'c:\very-long-src-dir\..\very-long-build-dir\very-long-filename'.

On the symptoms, it seems that the problem in my case would be solved by normalizing (collapsing ..) earlier, but I'm not sure it's feasible to do so (and it just gives us a few more characters to play with).