Re: Minor patch to correct buffer overrun

From: Chris Sutcliffe
Subject: Re: Minor patch to correct buffer overrun
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:24:00 -0400

On 19 August 2010 11:16, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Is there a way to have configure set PATH_SEPARATOR to ';' for a
>> mingw32 host irregardless of the shell used to run configure?
>
> Well, the canonical way of building a MinGW port of Make is to run
> configure.bat and then build_w32.bat.  But if you insist on using the
> Unix configure script, then I guess this should do:
>
>  PATH_SEPARATOR=';' ./configure

Yep, I guess I'm stubborn with respect to using MSYS.  I find it
creates the appropriate directory structure, etc., making it easier
for packaging.  Incidentally, the method you mention above doesn't
work because it causes issues with MSYS path handling.

We actually had this conversation back in 2008 (my memory failed me :)
).  I had a hard drive crash between the last 3.81 and 3.82 so I ended
up losing my build script.  In recreating it for 3.82 I missed the sed
hack that I came up with to address the issue:

mv config.h config.orig ; sed -e 's/:/;/' config.orig > config.h

I'm rebuilding again with the sed command included and I'll upload a
third 3.82 build to mingw.org and drop the original ill-advised patch.

Cheers!

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe