Re: Minor patch to correct buffer overrun

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Minor patch to correct buffer overrun
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 19:29:40 +0300

> Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:08:43 -0400
> From: Chris Sutcliffe <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> +#if defined(HAVE_DOS_PATHS)
> +# undef PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR
> +# define PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR ';'
> +#elif defined(VMS)
> +# undef PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR
> +# define PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR ','
> +#else
> +# ifndef PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR
> +#   define PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR ':'
>  # endif
>  #endif

HAVE_DOS_PATHS is supported in the Cygwin build as well, and there
PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR must stay ':'.  So please modify your patch to
exclude Cygwin from its effect, and then I'll agree to its
HAVE_DOS_PATHS part.  I leave the rest to VMS expert and to Paul.

Also, I think it'd be good to add a comment there explaining why we
are overriding the results of the configure scripts.

Thanks.