Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box

From: Yongwei Wu
Subject: Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:02:09 +0800

On 03/10/2007, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:19:20 -0400
> > From: Earnie Boyd <address@hidden>
> >

> > Quoting Yongwei Wu <address@hidden>:
> >
> > > I can confirm that the PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR setting in the config.h by
> > > my ./configure procedure is wrong.  Earnie, maybe you want to have a
> > > check whether this issue exists in the MinGW build.  I hope not.
> > >

> > I don't remember that I provided the last version.  Maybe it was
> > corrected manually.  You'll need to take a look at the autoconf macro
> > that sets the variable.  It should set PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR to the
> > correct value for target *-*-mingw*.
>
> I suspect that if you run the configure script with the Cygwin shell,
> PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR will be set for Cygwin.

This is true: I have found no MinGW-specific settings in the configure
script.  It only detects PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR from the environment.  So
I guess both Cygwin and MSYS will cause the auto-detected path
separator to be ":".  It has to be manually changed currently.

Best regards,

Yongwei

--
Wu Yongwei