Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 07:46:22 -0400

Quoting Yongwei Wu <address@hidden>:

On 03/10/2007, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:19:20 -0400
> From: Earnie Boyd <address@hidden>
>

> Quoting Yongwei Wu <address@hidden>:
>
> > I can confirm that the PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR setting in the config.h by
> > my ./configure procedure is wrong.  Earnie, maybe you want to have a
> > check whether this issue exists in the MinGW build.  I hope not.
> >

> I don't remember that I provided the last version.  Maybe it was
> corrected manually.  You'll need to take a look at the autoconf macro
> that sets the variable.  It should set PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR to the
> correct value for target *-*-mingw*.

I suspect that if you run the configure script with the Cygwin shell,
PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR will be set for Cygwin.

This is true: I have found no MinGW-specific settings in the configure
script.  It only detects PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR from the environment.  So
I guess both Cygwin and MSYS will cause the auto-detected path
separator to be ":".  It has to be manually changed currently.

It should be set based on the specified --host. If it isn't set correctly then a patch to autoconf is due. I'll put in on my round tuit to take a look.

Earnie