Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 09:55:48 +0200

> Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:53:43 +0800
> From: "Yongwei Wu" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> > +if exist config.h.W32 GoTo NotCVS
> > +sed -n "s/^AC_INIT(\[GNU make\],\[\([^]]\+\)\].*/s,%%VERSION%%,\1,g/p"
> > configure.in > config.h.W32.sed
> > +echo s,%%PACKAGE%%,make,g >> config.h.W32.sed
> > +sed -f config.h.W32.sed config.h.W32.template > config.h.W32
> > +:NotCVS
> >  if not exist config.h copy config.h.W32 config.h
> >  cd w32\subproc
> >  echo "Creating the subproc library"
>
> Excellent!  Except that the double "%" does not work for me.  Cutting
> them by half works :-).

Did you try running the batch file, or did you run the commands by
hand from the command line?  In the latter case, you will indeed need
only one % instead of two; batch files need to double the %.

> I was frustrated by the fact that Batch files do not support things
> like "echo -n" and "`cmd`", so resorting to a Shell script was really
> a desperate hack.

Well, actually `cmd` _is_ supported, but only in newer versions of
Windows (W2K and later), and I didn't want to limit users to those
versions.