Re: Problems with latest Cygwin make patch; builds OK but binary segfaul

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Problems with latest Cygwin make patch; builds OK but binary segfaults
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 19:27:13 +0300

> Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:44:56 -0400
> From: "William A. Hoffman" <address@hidden>
>
> OK, so we got one more person to try it.   So that is three (including
> myself).
> I am thinking that no one else is going to try it.   Is that enough?
> If not, I will send another email.

I think another call is in order.  However, this time I suggest to say
explicitly that _everyone_ who uses Make should try the patch, since
the patched version supports DOS file names BY DEFAULT, without any
optional switches.  Therefore, not only those who need these file
names should care about the patch, but also all the rest, because we
want to be reasonably sure the drive letter support doesn't break any
situations where a colon is used with Posix file names.

> It might also make sense to put a binary up for people to try.

It's a good idea.