Re: Problems with latest Cygwin make patch; builds OK but binary segfaul

From: Christopher Faylor
Subject: Re: Problems with latest Cygwin make patch; builds OK but binary segfaults
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:11:52 -0400

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 09:44:42PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:29:02 -0400
>> From: Christopher Faylor <address@hidden>
>>
>> We've only had one success report for this so far, and even that seemed
>> to have generated some confusion.
>
>Actually, we had 2 success reports.

I assume that you mean William Hoffman and William Sheehan.  I was
discounting William Hoffman since he helped develop the patch.

>> Given all of the hoopla on the Cygwin list about this functionality, I'd
>> feel much more comfortable if a few of the complainers there tested this
>> also.
>
>Me too, but I cannot force any of you to promote the patch on the
>Cygwin mailing list.  You refused to do that, while William Hoffman
>didn't say no, but didn't post anything, either.  I don't think it's
>reasonable to ask me do more than I already did.

I think you're somehow misinterpreting my request.  I wasn't asking you
to do anything other than hold off incorporating this patch into the
make sources.

William Hoffman did promote the patch on the cygwin list.  That's why
William Shehan mentioned he was "working from a link posted to the
Cygwin mailing list".  William Hoffman got the URL for the patch wrong
so maybe it would be useful for William Hoffman to send an updated
pointer to the correct patch there.

cgf