Re: Problems with latest Cygwin make patch; builds OK but binary segfaul

From: Christopher Faylor
Subject: Re: Problems with latest Cygwin make patch; builds OK but binary segfaults
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:29:02 -0400

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 09:23:41PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: "William Sheehan" <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 11:03:22 -0700
>>
>> Thanks for catching this; your patch works perfectly and does not
>> demonstrate any of the problems I was encountering before.
>
>Thanks for testing.
>
>Paul, I recommend this patch (reproduced below) for inclusion in the
>development sources.  There's one more problem with HAVE_DOS_PATHS:
>$abspath doesn't support it.  I already submitted a patch for that,
>but it will not DTRT for Cygwin, now that Cygwin supports
>HAVE_DOS_PATHS.  I will rework that patch and resubmit it soon.

We've only had one success report for this so far, and even that seemed
to have generated some confusion.

Given all of the hoopla on the Cygwin list about this functionality, I'd
feel much more comfortable if a few of the complainers there tested this
also.  I'm not willing to go through this amount of pain very often so
I'd like to make sure we got things right the first time.

So, I'd prefer holding off until a couple more people try this out.

cgf