Re: bug in the documentation, or ...?

From: nusret
Subject: Re: bug in the documentation, or ...?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:42:46 -0800 (PST)

Eli,
&& means exactly the same thing on both (see "Command
Shell Overview"  for XP, on Microsoft site-- google).

The make file was not mine. It was one that I ran into
trouble. initially I built it using cygwin shell, but
I was curious about why such a simple thing got out of
hand.

Also I would prefer avoiding a cmd.exe replacement if
I can: As far as windows is concerned, it's just
another dependency.

On the other hand, make just executes the given shell
command. I don't know much about make, but I don't see
how it becomes more portable requiring bash or
whatever as a prerequisite (which it doesn't :).

Regards,

Nusret