Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:05:58 -0400

%% "Earnie Boyd" <address@hidden> writes:

  eb> Ok, thanks.  13.5KB small.

Hm.

OK, looking at the first failed regression test I happened upon, the
only difference is that the "base" file, which is what the regression
suite (perl) prints out as the "known-good output", is using UNIX line
endings (LF), while the "log" file, which is what GNU make prints out,
is using DOS/Windows line endings (CRLF).

This rings a bell with me; I think we've run into this before.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?  We need
to get Perl to generate files with CRLF line endings, or GNU make to
generate output with LF line endings, or diff to ignore lines that are
different only by having a CR (^M) at the end.

Anyone?