Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:00:44 +0200

> Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:51:04 -0400
> Cc: <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
> From: "Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden>
>
> OK, the major (simple) failure here is directories.  The base files have
> lines like this:
>
>   make: Entering directory `/src/make-3.81beta3/tests/work'
>
> and the log files have this:
>
>   make: Entering directory `C:/opt/MinGW/src/make-3.81beta3/tests/work'

Do we actually care about these lines?  I'd expect them to be
significant only in some specialized test (if there is one) that
checks sub-Make and chdir stuff.  Otherwise, I think these lines are
just useless clutter.

If you agree, we could ask Diff to ignore differences in these lines
(using the "-I REGEXP" switch with a suitable REGEXP).  Would that
work?