Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:51:58 -0400

%% "Earnie Boyd" <address@hidden> writes:

  eb> I can run ``make check'' if the build and source tree are the
  eb> same.

OK.  If it's very trivial to fix it to work out of the tree we can do
it, but if it's a pain I'd prefer to just fix the regression test suite
to work right in the first place (for the next release though).

  eb> However in ``74 test in 37 categories failed''.  I don't
  eb> have time to look into the failures at the moment.  If some mingw
  eb> person on this list could take a look it would be of great help.

If you want you can tar or zip up the "tests/work" directory after the
run and send it to me (don't send it to the list, it's probably too
big).  I'll look at it although I'm not a Windows person.  But, maybe I
can see some helpful things.