Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:54:53 -0400

%% "Earnie Boyd" <address@hidden> writes:

  eb> Ok so we fix signame.c and now it builds.

Yay!

  eb> On to ``make check''.

Hm.  Does it work if you build in the source tree instead of remotely?
Maybe that's good enough to get 3.81 out the door.

The reality is the symlink thing is just a hack.  The right answer is to
rejigger the test suite code so that it can be run remotely without
requiring any symlinks.  I just haven't gotten around to that yet.

  eb> The reason is that srctests was copied from the source directory
  eb> and the assumption is that you need to delete the symlink but rm
  eb> will not delete a directory without the -r switch.

Well, it's easy enough to change the "rm -f" to "rm -rf" in the
check-regression rule.  But, I don't know that this will solve the
entire problem?