mailman

Re: Source code for "reply via email" on lists.gnu.org

From: Vasilij Schneidermann
Subject: Re: Source code for "reply via email" on lists.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 10:43:41 +0200

Hello Ian,

Thanks for providing the source of yyz.py.  What about the part that generates
the form variables and button?  It doesn't appear to belong to MHonArc.  I'd
like to see both parts to better judge where it would make more sense to apply
patches to.  There's three things I want to fix:

- Using valid mail identifiers for the In-Reply-To header (the kind that's
  surrounded with angular brackets, containing at least an @ sign)
- Including the mailing list in the Cc: header to ensure the reply will be
  received by the mailing list and web UI
- Adjusting the subject to contain Re: if it doesn't already

Vasilij