mailman

Need to disable bug-teseq mailing list

From: Micah Cowan
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 17:08:02 -0700

Hello,

The bug-teseq mailing list hasn't had any legitimate mail (outside of
one announcement from me) since 2013. Meanwhile I'm receiving fairly
regular spam notifications, which have seen a recent uptick.

I'd like to close the list completely, as at this point I ignore all
"post from * requires approval", and the limit of the noise-to-signal
ratio is infinite ;)

...However, the password I have in my password minder under "GNU
lists" isn't getting me into the admin page for bug-teseq (which is
why I'm writing this request via email).

Presumably you'll want to confirm my identity - I'm just now finding
out I also apparently don't have any of my old GnuPG secret keys,
either, so that's out. Perhaps it'd be sufficient for you to email me
directly and have me respond with a confirmation (proving I really do
have access to this email address, if you're not terribly concerned
about MITM en route to my email server); or else I could do something
to prove I have access to the "Micah Cowan" account on Savannah (file
a bogus ticket or something?).

Thanks for your help!
-mjc