mailman

Re: Mailman's Approval Duties Denied Me.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: Mailman's Approval Duties Denied Me.
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 17:59:52 +0000

Hi Bob,

> > I'm list admin. for nmh-{announce,commits,address@hidden
> > There are no moderators.  In particular, I removed that `helpers'
> > address for the all-list moderators a while ago because I wanted to
> > see what needed doing.
>
> Okay.  Noted.
> I'll add those lists to the hands-off list and then no one will be
> helping with those lists again.

I got an email from Mailman today stating there was a reply to an
announcement awaiting moderation.  It later appeared on announcement
mailing list.
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-announce/2018-02/msg00001.html
I didn't approve it so someone else still is, and wrongly since it
shouldn't have made it through.

I've turned on emergency list moderation in the hope that will flag up
to those helpers not to do anything.  Can you have a look and confirm it
was one of their actions and not some other fault?

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy