lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PBUFS + LWIP 1.3.0 + memory allocation

From: Sirjee Rooplall
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PBUFS + LWIP 1.3.0 + memory allocation
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:29:33 +0200

Hi, I have port to LWIP 1.3.2, and now I get this warning!
mem_realloc defined but not used.

How do I get rid of this warning, rather what has changed from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2 that would cause this warning to surface after the port?

Kind Regards, Sirjee Rooplall Figment Design laboratories (Pty) Ltd mailto: address@hidden Mobile: +27 (0)83 230 8466 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Auerbach" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:58 PM

>Hi, what were the problems, that warrant me to move to 1.3.2

I am using the AVR32 UC3 port of LWIP 1.3.0 which was done by ATMEL.

I just cannot move to 1.3.2 because I am not sure whats involved to
produce
a new port for the AVR32 UC3 device.

Before you decide you cannot move from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2 because you are not
sure what's involved with the port, why not find out what is involved with
the port and *then* decide that you cannot move. From the standpoint of the Ethernet driver interface there should be no problems. The rest of lwIP is not hardware specific and can be replaced. Create a new folder with a copy of your 1.3.0 and replace the lwIP sources from 1.3.2 - I'm betting it works
without problems.  It has for me on 3 platforms.

Bill