lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] PBUFS + LWIP 1.3.0 + memory allocation

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] PBUFS + LWIP 1.3.0 + memory allocation
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:58:15 -0500

>Hi, what were the problems, that warrant me to move to 1.3.2
>
>I am using the AVR32 UC3 port of LWIP 1.3.0 which was done by ATMEL.
>
>I just cannot move to 1.3.2 because I am not sure whats involved to
>produce
>a new port for the AVR32 UC3 device.

Before you decide you cannot move from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2 because you are not
sure what's involved with the port, why not find out what is involved with
the port and *then* decide that you cannot move.  From the standpoint of the
Ethernet driver interface there should be no problems.  The rest of lwIP is
not hardware specific and can be replaced.  Create a new folder with a copy
of your 1.3.0 and replace the lwIP sources from 1.3.2 - I'm betting it works
without problems.  It has for me on 3 platforms.

Bill