lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] PBUFS + LWIP 1.3.0 + memory allocation

From: Stéphane Lesage
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] PBUFS + LWIP 1.3.0 + memory allocation
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:36:09 +0100

How can I change this to use the heap as all other memory allocations are done from the heap?

Where is the PBUF memory allocated?

In lwip 1.2.0 there was a pbuf_pool_mem, but I things have changed in lwip 1.3.0.

Can some please help me understand how the definition of the PBUF_POOL_SIZE and PBUF_POO_BUFSIZE is used in the memory allocation of pbufs.

Hi, I think the pbuf pool is now integrated to the general memp pool manager.
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=6831

in file memp.c you have:

static u8_t memp_memory[MEM_ALIGNMENT - 1
#define LWIP_MEMPOOL(name,num,size,desc) + ( (num) * (MEMP_SIZE + MEMP_ALIGN_SIZE(size) ) )
#include "lwip/memp_std.h"
];

where memp_std defines the PBUF_POOL pool with PBUF_POOL_SIZE elements of size PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE.

see also https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=26133