lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: A problem in DHCP, and a potential fix

From: yueyue papa
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: A problem in DHCP, and a potential fix
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:43:05 +0800

I known a problme is PPP related.

PPP could use DNS negotiate to get the DNS server, some of the sever accept the DNS neogtiate, but never return back the valid DNS server information. In current PPP  process, this is regard as negotiate failure, so the PPP is unable to setup.

In fact, the PPP could be setup with 0.0.0.0 DNS information.  I already change the code, but I do not known whether is need to added in version.

Another problem is also PPP related,  some of the GPRS AS won't assign peer IP address, so the PPP may get
local IP: 0.0.0.0, and another peer IP address.

The local 0.0.0.0 may cause the route and something problem. I changed the code if 0.0.0.0 is detected, I will set another valid 10.0.0.1 IP address.

If the changed is acceptable, I could put my code for evaluetion.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Jakob Stoklund Olesen <address@hidden> wrote:
"address@hidden"
<address@hidden> writes:

> The original bug you reported was that 0.0.0.0 was not checked. Since
> that doesn't seem to be fixed and you have a fix, why not add your
> patch to savannah? Seeing the code you had to change certainly makes
> it easier to see which places you are talking about.

Please add the patch. I will take a look at the DHCP code after 1.3.1 is
out the door.