lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Interniche and lwIP

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Interniche and lwIP
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 06:55:59 +0200

Timmy Brolin wrote:
The good parts:
2. The scatter-gather DMA is nice if utilized.
Most processors with integrated 100Mbit MAC supports scatter-gather.
Not really a noteworthy feature unless it supports some more advanced
features

Well, I do think simple scatter/gather is a worthy feature for TX since lwIP can create pbuf queues that then don't have to be memcpy'd before sending. I'd say automatic length detection is 'nice-to-have' as a speedup, but 2-byte alignmen instertion after the MAC header often also does the trick

Simon