lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] how to send udp messages circularly ?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] how to send udp messages circularly ?
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:03:27 +0200

Kieran Mansley wrote:
On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 13:07 +0200, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
To upgrade the version yourself, just download 1.3.0 from
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip (-> go to download section)
and replace the old 0.7.1 version with the new version. After
recompiling your NIOS project, and fixing the warnings you get during
compiling, it should just work.

Are you sure it should just work?  I would be pleasantly surprised if no
changes were needed to the port with such a big change in lwIP.  Can
anyone report success with a change like this?

Hm, I don't know about 0.7.1, but he talked also about 1.1.0 and that's what I did to get an existing port to work with 1.3.0: copied it, got some (minor) compiling errors, fixed them and it worked. Since I started working with lwIP when 1.1.0 was out, I don't know about 0.7.1 :-(

Anyway, Altera has been shipping 1.1.0 or 1.2.0 with their NIOS-II development software for some years now, and that version is surely easy to upgrade to 1.3.0.

Simon