lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] A problem in DHCP, and a potential fix

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] A problem in DHCP, and a potential fix
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:38:35 +0200

Michael Figg wrote:
Greetings,

I have been using lwip to do dhcp client requests, and have found a
problem with the current lwip code.  In particular, it is possible to
send DHCP discover requests with the source ip address NOT set to
0.0.0.0.  I have discovered that doing this causes incompatibility
problems with some linksys routers.

I have coded a fix that seems to work.  I would like to show this fix
to someone in case they want to fold it back into the lwip source
tree.  How do I do this?

Normally, stuff like this is best discussed on the other mailing list, lwip-devel. If it's a bug, then please add an entry in the bugtracker at http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=lwip if you have a patch ready, please create a patch entry instead and attach the patch (as unified diff so we can easily apply it): http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?group=lwip

For both the bug tracker and patch management, you need to create an account at savannah.

Simon