lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] A problem in DHCP, and a potential fix

From: Michael Figg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] A problem in DHCP, and a potential fix
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:10:33 -0500

Simon,

I created myself a savannah login and started to enter a new bug, but
when I got to the bottom of the bug submission page, I saw the line
that told me to check whether a bug had already been submitted.  It
had.

I found bug # 25576, and corresponding patch # 6721.  I also looked at
the patch changes, and the only problem I have with these changes is
that the changes in the patch don't ensure that the source address of
the dhcp discover and request packets aren't guaranteed to be zero.
Every packet trace I have ever seen of dhcp discover and request
packets have the source address set to zero.

Additionally, if DHCP_DOES_ARP_CHECK is true, and dhcp_check is
called, I don't see anything in the code to ensure that the gratuitous
arp done by arp_check sets the tell address to the offered_ip_address.

So, since I don't know much about the lwip change process, I don't
know if these questions of mine are important.  Regardless, I have a
fix for my problem which works in my context.

Good luck,
Mike