lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] mem_malloc return NULL

From: Akshat Bisht
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] mem_malloc return NULL
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:51:00 +0530

I don't have any means to read the debug values. When if i enable display functions, i won't have any means to "read" it.
Am i sounding confused? All i wish to say is that i don't have means like JTAG, etc. to read back any thing from my kit.

Regards,
AB
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Jonathan Larmour <address@hidden> wrote:
Akshat Bisht wrote:
> For some reason mem_malloc is returning NULL. Where do i need to look
> "under-the-hood" to check if i'm giving enough memory or where to look
> for problems?

I expect you simply need to add more memory. Increase MEM_SIZE.

> I don't have a means to debug, i'm just glowing LED's on
> kit to find where program reaches. :)

Enable LWIP_STATS in lwipopts.h, and call the stats display functions in
stats.h to get information about resource usage. The "max" values are
usually interesting.

Doing this allows you to increase the resources to quite high levels, try
running your application under typical loads, and then you look at the
"max" values to see how much was actually used, so you can reduce them back
down again.

Jifl
--
eCosCentric Limited      http://www.eCosCentric.com/     The eCos experts
Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge, UK.       Tel: +44 1223 245571