lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] MEM_ALIGNMENT value?

From: Kiran Bacchewar
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] MEM_ALIGNMENT value?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:45:16 +0530

hi Akshit,

the MEM_ALIGNMENT value once decided , you should define it in lwipopts.h file. The definations that u define in this file is reflected in the opt.h file. As opt.h file includes this file, it is in the first lines of the opt.h file... have a look...

about MEM_ALIGNEMENT, it depends upon the processor and also in some cases on the inbuilt Ethernet controller. Initially I selected the value 1, by the core was working fine later i found that the inbuilt Ethernet controller works fine if the alignment is 4, so i have to keep it 4. I used MPC 852 processor (32 bit, inbuilt Fast Ethernet Controller).

Hope this helps you,  :-)

Kind regards,
kirankumar K B.
Junior Engg.