lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] mem_malloc return NULL

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] mem_malloc return NULL
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:58:43 +0100

Akshat Bisht wrote:
> Hello,
>
> None of the four questions were answered... :( Did i say something worng?

People answer if they have time. This is a volunteer project and no-one is
paid to spend time helping you. Some times you do have to work things out
yourself - the blessing and curse of open source ;).

Regardless...

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Akshat Bisht <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
[snip]
>     1. what is the lwip "main task"? I understand that there are in all
>     3 tasks(or threads), "tcpip", "ppp", "lwip".  I call pppInit() and
>     tcpip_init() from my own task, does this task become lwip main? i
>     plan to call the http_server example from this next.

There's a tcpip thread and a ppp thread. I don't know what your "lwip"
thread would be although that is the default name for any other thread
created using sys_thread_new().

tcpip_init() creates and starts the tcpip thread. It should return once the
thread has been created.

>     2. can i do without writting a thread oriented sys_timeouts()? till
>     now it's a simply -
>
>     struct sys_timeouts *sys_arch_timeouts(void) {
>        return &lwip_system_timeouts;
>     }

No you should ensure sys_timeouts holds per-thread timeout info. How you do
that is up to you and what your OS supports.

>     3. Apart from ppp, tcpip, is there any other thread under lwip? I'm
>     asking this because i was currently done away with sys_thread_new
>     and in place have placed direct MY_OS_TASK_CREATE function calls in
>     place of it in ppp.c and tcpip.c

Only SLIP and I doubt you're using that if you have PPP. In fact if you
have multiple PPP devices, there will be one thread for each.

>     4. How do i manage the buffer at sio.c level? my processor has a 5
>     byte stack, but i guess i will need more than that?

I don't understand that question. It sounds specific to your serial device
rather than to do with lwIP.

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine