lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP port on Blackfin, some questions and 1.3.0

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP port on Blackfin, some questions and 1.3.0
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:45:41 +0100

4. I have a big problem for handling TCP connection loss.
When I unplug my device, or shut-down the peer,
no error is reported and I can't know the connection is lost.

Is this bug corrected ?
I don't think it's a bug. TCP has a rather big timeout by default, so it might take a while until it reports a connection as closed or aborts. Until then, the timers try to retransmit data. That's normal TCP behaviour.

One could implement a send-timeout for this, but that's not included in lwIP right now (and I don't know if it will be).
(I currently must send data and time-out, and I feel like doing TCP's job !)

5. About 1.3.0 required features:
-> backlog for listening sockets.
I think this is a very basic feature,
and I actually accidentally learned it was not implemented in this list !
I will add a comment for that. Actually, sockets.c is one of the only files left that are not really documented (in CVS HEAD), I'll try to change that.
-> more documentation about lwip_select(), and implementation of exceptset
How is a TCP connection close reported ?
How is a TCP connection accept reported ?
Why is a new connection on a listening socket reported by readset ?
What will be signalled on exceptset ?
Exceptset is not implemented (and probably won't - at least for a while). With the rest, I'm afraid I can't help you either. lwip_select is not really the most-used function, I guess...
I'll see what I can do to document it better.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Oh, and just so you know: I don't know anything about Blackfin ;-)

Simon