lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP port on Blackfin, some questions and 1.3.0

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP port on Blackfin, some questions and 1.3.0
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:50:27 +0100

What about TCP_KEEPINIT and/or SO_CONTIMEO

I've also read that you wanted to write a new socket layer which would not
rely on netconn.
What is the status of this ? on the 1.4.0 roadmap ?
What about implementing shutdown() and poll() ?
The idea of the new socket layer was born for many reasons (the current code is not easy to understand/maintain; sockets may only be used from one thread; can't prioritize one socket over another). I don't know whether it will be stable enough for 1.4.0 (and we don't really have a detailed roadmap), but I guess it won't be forgotten. Only it could take a while...

Shutdown is not likely to get implemented because the lwIP core (TCP) can't do it right now. I think it's a rather seldom used function.

Simon