lwip-users

Re: Re: [lwip-users] How to test IP over PPP ?

From: Kishore
Subject: Re: Re: [lwip-users] How to test IP over PPP ?
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:27:43 +0100

Hi ,
I m still not able to make a connection.
lwIP stack on my embedded system tries to make 10 times config request , to
which i guess other peer shd send a config ack or nack,followed by lcp/ipcp
messages ..
Or otherway around,the  peer would send a ppp config request ,to which lwip-ppp
would react.

In my case i try to connect with win2k  ppp client(just a direct connection to
another computer using ppp) to the embedded system using  null modem cable, and
windows client always sends first "CLIENT" string ,which i guess should be
responded by "CLIENTSERVER" string by the peer first to start any other
communication. Peer in my case,the lwip-ppp doesnt handle such string as it
walks through pppInProc() when called everytime by pppMain()  and hence nothing
happens further. What am i missing here ?

Im doing the same steps to initiate ppp as suggested in previous threads. But i
think i got to change  windows ppp client ? Anybody faced such  problem ?

Thanks and regards,

Kishore Kumar Sathyanadam
Software Developement
TLON GmbH